PARIS–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Regulatory news:
Tikehau Capital (Paris: TKO), a global alternative asset management group, today announces its ambition to manage at least € 5 billion in assets under management dedicated exclusively to the fight against climate change by 2025 Tikehau Capital will thus have substantial resources to invest in companies and projects leading to the decarbonisation of the economy towards a more sustainable future. This significant commitment demonstrates the Group’s continued ambition to invest global savings towards a more resilient and inclusive economy, creating sustainable value for all.
For nearly ten years, Tikehau Capital has been financing companies that actively support the energy transition, already attracting more than 1.5 billion euros in capital commitments to fight climate change through multiple investment strategies including private equity, private debt and capital market strategies.
These strategies are classified as “Article 9” according to the European Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), a set of EU rules that aim to make the sustainability profile of funds more comparable and better understood by end investors. . In the future, the investment strategies that will allow Tikehau Capital to achieve its ambition of exceeding the AUM € 5bn dedicated to the fight against climate change by 2025 will all be classified as “Article 9” according to the SFDR. .
As part of Tikehau Capital’s continued commitment to a positive climate agenda, the Group also today launched the Climate Action Center, a platform that will harness financial innovation and focus on decarbonization, biodiversity , sustainable agriculture and food, the circular economy and sustainable consumption. . The Climate Action Center will initially bring together more than 30 investment professionals, ESG experts and senior advisers who are already working on the deployment of existing climate-focused investment strategies. In the coming months, the Center will be strengthened with the addition of several climate and sustainable finance specialists.
The Climate Action Center will be headed by Pierre Abadie, who has been appointed Group Climate Director, in addition to his current role as co-head of Tikehau Capital’s T2 Energy Transition Private Equity fund. Pierre will work closely with Cécile Cabanis, Deputy Managing Director of the Group, to ensure that the Group’s climate objectives are fully integrated into Tikehau Capital’s impact strategy and ESG approach.
Pierre Abadie, Group Climate Director of Tikehau Capital noted: “Decarbonizing our economy is essential to limit global warming to less than 1.5 ° C. With the launch of the Climate Action Center, we want to accelerate our commitment to the fight against climate change through our investment strategies with the objective of helping to halve CO2 emissions by 2030.
These developments bear witness to Tikehau Capital’s ambition to build on its existing expertise and advance its efforts to face the climate emergency. The Group is a historical pioneer in climate action, as evidenced by the many initiatives launched over the past decade, including:
– A series of investments in renewable energy suppliers that have collectively contributed to nearly 5 gigawatts of generation capacity.
– The launch of the T2 Energy Transition Private Equity fund in 2018, one of the first funds to be particularly committed to the energy transition and the decarbonisation of the economy. To date, the climate strategy centered on Europe, which manages more than 1 billion euros, has deployed more than 500 million euros by investing in nine SMEs and SMIs driving the energy transition.
– The launch of several dedicated climate investment strategies, including an impact lending private debt fund and a high yield impact lending fund, both designed to finance companies that have the potential to enable the global transition to a net zero carbon economy.
– In March 2021, Tikehau Capital successfully issued its first sustainable bond issue raising 500 million euros, the first sustainable benchmark public bond issued by an alternative management company in Europe. The proceeds of the bond, which has been placed with more than 100 investors around the world, will be used to invest in sustainable assets or in the Group’s ESG investment funds. Following this successful issue, and taking into account the refinancing of the Group’s unused revolving credit line in July 2021, ESG debt represents around 60% of the Group’s total debt to date.
– In April 2021, Tikehau Capital announced the launch of a private equity strategy dedicated to decarbonization in North America which aims to replicate the success and investment philosophy of the European private equity fund T2 Energy Transition.
Antoine Flamarion and Mathieu Chabran, co-founders of Tikehau Capital, declared: “We are convinced that we can have a significant impact on climate change through our investment approach, which is why we are committed to increasing our investment in the fight against the climate emergency. With the launch of our Climate Action Center, we want to channel expertise, entrepreneurial spirit and agility towards the decarbonization of the economy. Pierre Abadie’s expertise and climate conviction, associated with the teams working through our climate strategies, will be the key to the success of this major project.
ABOUT TIKEHAU CAPITAL
Tikehau Capital is a global alternative asset management group with € 30.9 billion in assets under management (as of June 30, 2021). Tikehau Capital has developed extensive expertise in four asset classes (private debt, real assets, private equity strategies and capital markets) as well as multi-asset strategies and special opportunities.
Tikehau Capital is a Founder-led team with a differentiated business model, a strong balance sheet, an exclusive global transaction flow and a history of supporting high quality companies and leaders.
Deeply rooted in the real economy, Tikehau Capital offers tailor-made and innovative alternative financing solutions to the companies in which it invests and seeks to create long-term value for its investors, while generating positive impacts on society. Relying on its solid capital base (2.9 billion euros in equity as of June 30, 2021), the firm invests its own capital alongside its investor clients within each of its strategies.
Controlled by its managers alongside leading institutional partners, Tikehau Capital is guided by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and DNA, shared by its 629 employees (as of June 30, 2021) in its 12 offices in Europe, Asia and North America . Tikehau Capital is listed on compartment A of the regulated market of Euronext Paris (ISIN code: FR0013230612; Ticker: TKO.FP).
For more information, please visit: www.tikehaucapital.com
Our latest sustainability report is available here.
This document does not constitute an offer to sell securities or investment advisory services. It contains general information only and is not intended to provide general or specific investment advice. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future profits and profits, and goals are not guaranteed.
Certain statements and forward-looking data are based on current forecasts, prevailing market and economic conditions, estimates, projections and opinions of Tikehau Capital and / or its affiliates. Due to various risks and uncertainties. actual results may differ materially from those reflected or expected in these forward-looking statements or in any of the case studies or forecasts. All references to Tikehau Capital’s advisory activities in the United States or relating to United States persons relate to Tikehau Capital North America.