Dublin, Aug. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Ultra-Low Power Microcontroller Market by Device (Analog Devices and Digital Devices), Package Type (8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit), End-Use Application and region (North America, Europe, APAC, Rest of World) – Global Forecast to 2027 report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The ultra-low-power microcontroller market is expected to reach USD 7.9 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2022 to 2027. Consumer electronics applications, including laptop and desktop computers, components audio amplifiers, smartphones, household appliances, remote controls, building automation devices and other home electronics, accounted for the largest share of 41% of the ultra-low-power microcontroller market in 2021. The use of Ultra-low-power microcontrollers in consumer electronics is also complemented by the growing use of these devices for connected networks and IoT applications.
By packaging type, the 32-bit segment market is expected to hold the largest share during the forecast period
Ultra-low-power 32-bit microcontrollers use 32-bit instruction code and provide a higher level of precision in an embedded system and other IoT network. With manufacturers migrating from 8-bit and 16-bit production to 32-bit microcontroller production, the global trend of microcontroller supply has shown a great shift towards 32-bit microcontrollers.
The automotive segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in the ultra-low-power microcontroller market over the forecast period.
Microcontrollers are key enablers of energy efficiency in automotive technology. A number of smart features such as parking assist systems, collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control have been introduced in the industry, which is fueling the demand for ultra-low power microcontrollers.
Asia-Pacific is expected to hold the largest ultra-low-power microcontroller market share during the forecast period.
The growth of the ultra-low-power microcontroller market in APAC for automotive applications can be attributed to the booming automotive manufacturing sector in the region, as well as the presence of well-known automotive manufacturing companies such as Toyota Motor (Japan ), Honda Motor (Japan), Nissan Motor (Japan), SAIC Motor (China) and Hyundai Motor (South Korea) in the region.
- Growth in consumer electronics and automotive end-use applications is expected to drive the market for ultra-low-power microcontrollers
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit microcontrollers accounted for the largest market share in 2021
- Automotive application is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- Consumer electronics and Japan accounted for the largest ultra-low-power microcontroller market share in APAC in 2021
- The United States accounted for the largest share of the ultra-low-power microcontroller market in 2021
- Growing need for energy efficiency in consumer electronics
- Growing demand for smart home and building management applications
- Automotive electronics growth
- Growing number of connected devices in the IoT network
- Manufacturing complexities and unsuitability for critical power applications
- Growing adoption of power electronics in the electric vehicle industry
- Government policies and investments for IoT and semiconductors
- Green industrialization in developing economies
- Lower penetration of ultra-low power microcontrollers than high and low power microcontrollers
- Brake in semiconductor manufacturing due to COVID-19
Main topics covered:
2 Research methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 premium previews
4.1 Growth of Consumer Electronics and Automotive End-Use Applications Expected to Drive Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller Market
4.2 32-bit ultra-low-power microcontrollers accounted for the largest market share in 2021
4.3 Automotive Application Expected to Grow at Highest CAGR over the Forecast Period
4.4 Consumer Electronics and Japan Accounted for the Largest Ultra-Low Power Microcontroller Market Share in APAC Region in 2021
4.5 United States Accounted for the Largest Ultra-Low Power Microcontroller Market Share in 2021
5 Market Overview
6 Ultra-Low Power Microcontroller Market, By Device
7 Ultra-low-power Microcontrollers Market, by Package Type
9 Geographical analysis
10 Competitive Landscape
11 company profiles
- Ambiq Micro, Inc.
- Analog devices
- Cyclos-Semiconductor Inc.
- Elan Microelectronics
- Infineon Technologies AG
- intel company
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Nuvoton technology company
- Nxp Semiconductors
- on Semiconductor
- Panasonic Company
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Rohm Co., Ltd.
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Silicon Laboratories
- Texas Instruments
- Zilog (a Littlefuse company)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fs67yt
Global ultra-low-power microcontroller market